The department of Student Services encompasses a wide range of services within the university, aimed at supporting students learning experience and personal development.
The department provides a range of professional services freely available to all students on a variety of issues:
- Careers - careers guidance, education and information, volunteering opportunities, enterprise, up-to-date graduate and local part-time jobs bulletins.
- Chaplaincy - for students and staff of all faiths and none to support them in whatever way is most needed - socially, pastorally, academically and spiritually.
- Counselling and wellbeing - a safe, confidential environment for students to discuss worries and concerns with a counsellor. The counselling service also run a series of wellbeing initiatives across the curriculum.
- Disability and dyslexia - support for students who have specific learning difficulties, long term medical conditions, mental health difficulties, mobility difficulties, sensory impairments or any other disability.
- Medical services - local practices provide surgery sessions for the benefit of students.
- Nursery - pre-school childcare to children of students and staff. There are 55 places daily for children aged 2-5 years.
- Student Advice Service - information, advice and support on a range of welfare issues, including financial, emotional and practical, as well as support service for international students.
By working with students and offering a comprehensive range of specialist information, advice, assistance and support, the department is able to help ensure that students get the most out of their time at the university; not only maximising potential for personal and academic growth, but helping to enjoy the student experience to the full.
The services are here to be used and any contact should be regarded as a positive action, which can often make a significant difference to a students overall circumstances.
Student Services (careers, counselling, disability and dyslexia services and student advice service) at the University of Brighton has achieved the Matrix Quality Standard for information, advice and guidance.
Student Services Reception
University of Brighton
First Floor, The Manor House
Tel: 01273 642895/642857