Every year the university surveys its recent graduates to find out what they have done approximately six months after leaving, as part of a national survey called Destination of Leavers of Higher Education (DLHE).
In spite of the current recession the number of students from the university going into graduate employment and postgraduate study remains strong. 86.8 per cent of graduates, postgraduates and holders of other awards, that replied to our survey went into employment, further study or training within 6 months of completing their course with a further 1.6% due to start work within a month
To see how the university supports students with their career development see our employability statement.
|Primarily in work and also studying||88||2|
|Primarily studying and also in work||103||2.3|
|Due to start work||72||1.6|
Information is also available at subject level, based on school of study:
School reports for 2011/12
- Applied Social Sciences (pdf)
- Art, Design and Media (pdf)
- Brighton Business School (pdf)
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School (pdf)
- Computing, Engineering and Maths (pdf)
- Education (pdf)
- Health Professions (pdf)
- Humanities (pdf)
- Nursing and Midwifery (pdf)
- Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences (pdf)
- Science, Engineering and Technology (pdf)
- Sport and Service Management (pdf)
The coverage of the DLHE survey includes graduates whose course led to an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate award (meaning that students from some courses are not surveyed). Eligibility to take part in the survey is determined by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and further information about eligibility can be found within the above report.
The survey is conducted at two points in the year (April and January) in order that graduates are surveyed as close to 6 months after they leave their course as possible. The surveys have precise and strict methods for collecting data to ensure consistency across different universities.
Please note that this report is the first following significant change to the DLHE survey format, meaning some categories and groups have changed from those reported in previous years. Previous reports are still available below.
- DLHE Report for academic year 2010/11 (572k pdf)
- DLHE Report for academic year 2009/10 (3.8Mb pdf)
- DLHE Report for academic year 2008/9 (4.2Mb pdf)
- DLHE Report for academic year 2007/8 (4.3Mb pdf)
- DLHE Report for academic year 2006/7 (4.5Mb pdf)
- DLHE Report for academic year 2005/6 (4.5Mb pdf)
- DLHE Report for academic year 2004/5 (4Mb pdf)
- DLHE Report for academic year 2004 (4Mb pdf)
- DLHE Report for academic year 2003 (4.8Mb pdf)