Brighton Business School is based in Mithras House on the university's Moulsecoomb campus. With over 2,500 students at Mithras House, we offer students an excellent learning environment and a wide range of facilities fit for the 21st century.
Our facilities in Mithras House include:
- lecture theatres equipped with the latest audio-visual equipment
- over 100 computer hot desks with high-speed internet access
- specialist professional software, including Minitab, SAP, Primavera Risk Analysis, eViews, Risk Manager, Simul8, SPSS, Dreamweaver and Visual Paradigm
- a real-time trading room which helps recreate the pressure of a trading floor
- a viewing room with a one-way mirror and including video cameras and recording equipment for conducting focus groups or interviews
- student workrooms, for group work, equipped with whiteboards and network access.
Further facilities on the campus include:
- free wireless internet access
- the Aldrich library - open 24-hours on week days
- free online access to academic journals
- the Creativity Centre complete with a large curved screen with dual rear projection, multiple round room projection, stereoscopic viewing and olefactory units (smell providers), moveable wall panels, coloured lights and digital presentation tools
- computer pool rooms open until 02:00am.
The Moulsecoomb campus is the largest of our five campuses with over 8,000 students. Facilities include:
- two restaurants
- five cafes
- two banks
- two Students' Union shops
- a sports centre
- halls of residence
- a nursery.
You will be allocated a personal tutor who will provide help, support and guidance in developing your academic, personal and professional skills.
IT and study support
We have student advisers and trainers available to help you make the most of our technology, our libraries and other learning resources. They run regular workshops and are on hand to answer your questions.
There are two specialist librarians in Aldrich library who are able to assist students studying courses from the business school.
Our students are supported by wide range of scholarships and externally-funded prizes. Sponsors include The Body Shop, Chamber of Commerce, Graduate Recruitment Bureau, CMI, HSBC, Federation of Small Businesses and OUP.
Our Careers Service provides guidance from the start of your course and as long as you need it after graduation.
Free English language support
We offer free English language tuition to all our international and EU students in their first year of study. The programme can help you to:
- complete written assignments
- develop seminar skills
- understand lectures in English
- develop the spoken communication skills needed for every-day life.
Support for students with disabilities
We work with all disabled students, including international students, to ensure your are not disadvantaged by a disability or specific learning difficulty.
Support for international students
We understand that coming to study in a foreign country can be difficult. We have a range of services to help you settle in, make friends, improve your English and deal with visa applications.