Postgraduate students choose Brighton Business School because you can:
- Gain the knowledge and skills that industry want
- Be part of an institution that is innovative and relevant
- Benefit from excellent teaching and learning support
- Study part-time to accommodate your commitments
- Enjoy 21st century facilities
- Live and study in an outstanding location
- Our partners in industry and the professions contribute to course development and teaching.
- Many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies.
- We cover the theory in depth and then apply it to real issues through case studies and employer-based projects.
The majority of our lecturers worked in industry prior to joining and continue to consult for corporate organisations, enabling them to provide business insights based on real-world experience.
- The Research Assessment Exercise (2008) ranked us in the top 15 UK business schools in terms of world-leading research outputs.
- Brighton Business School is a research active community with 70 staff undertaking research.
- We organise and host international conferences and regular seminars to share research findings.
- Research centres include the Centre for Research in Innovation Management and the Centre for Research on Management and Employment.
- We have a proven track record of success in providing consultancy, developing business strategies and bespoke training programmes, and conducting research for local and national companies.
- The 2011 National Student Survey shows 'overall satisfaction' with Brighton Business School at 85%.
- We have 40 years' experience of running business courses.
- Most of our lecturers have experience working in business and many continue to work as consultants with leading businesses and organisations.
- The majority of our professional accredited courses can be taken on a part-time basis.
- Many of our MSc courses and postgraduate diplomas, and the majority of our MBA courses can be completed on a flexible part-time basis.
- Although each course has its own entry requirements, we will consider relevant experience if you do not have the required qualifications.
- A real-time trading room which helps recreate the pressure of a trading floor - one only a handful of such facilities in the country
- Lecture theatres equipped with the latest audio-visual equipment
- over 100 computer hot desks with high-speed internet access
- specialist professional software
- the Creativity Centre complete with a large curved screen with dual rear projection, multiple round-room projection, stereoscopic viewing and olfactory units (smell providers).
- a city with an extremely lively cultural and social life
- on one of the sunniest stretches of coast in Britain
- full of cosy pubs, trendy bars, fabulous restaurants, great nightlife, excellent shopping and a wide range of sporting facilities
- a hotbed of emerging musical and comic talent with venues all over town
- host to dozens of different festivals throughout the year.
Our open days offer a great opportunity to find out more about the area and the university. Find out about our open days.