We are always keen to hear from alumni who can offer some of their time and expertise back to the university, and there are a number of ways you can do this through our Alumni Advice Network (AAN).
Alumni Advice Network
No matter what your particular area of expertise, or the amount of time you have spare, there will be an opportunity for you to participate. Here are just some examples of the varied activities participants in the network undertake:
- Supply a testimonial for your course and or your time at the university.
- Come back and speak to students at the university about your career.
- Be a dragon at our 'Dragon's Den' events.
- Act as a client and have your 'business plan' written.
- Sponsor a student prize or make a donation to our alumni fund.
- Allow our students to assess business risk and control for your company.
- Consider being part of a business research study.
- Help us identify possible work placement opportunities in your company for current students.
- Mentor current students, by providing advice about your career experiences to students thinking about choosing a similar career.
- Help us set up an alumni group or organise a reunion for your class.
- Advertise your graduate vacancies free of charge through our Careers Service.