Our business courses will enable you to begin your chosen career with confidence. Our teaching approach is vocationally orientated: we cover the theory in depth and then apply it to real world issues by case studies and through employer-based projects.
The majority of our lecturers worked in industry prior to joining and continue to consult for corporate organisations, enabling them to provide business insights based on real world experience.
- Professional links
- Undergraduate business management courses
- Postgraduate business management courses
- Part-time courses for professionals
We have strong links with leading associations for management professionals including the:
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
We run specialist courses accredited by these institutions. See part-time courses for professionals
At undergraduate level we offer degrees in:
- Business, BSc(Hons)
- Business with Economics, BSc(Hons)
- Business with Enterprise, BSc(Hons) - taught on our Hastings campus
- Business with Finance, BSc(Hons)
- Business with Human Resource Management, BSc(Hons)
- Business with Marketing, BSc(Hons)
- Business Management, BSc(Hons)
- Business Management with Economics, BSc(Hons)
- Business Management with Finance, BSc(Hons)
- Business Management with Human Resource Management, BSc(Hons)
- Business Management with Marketing, BSc(Hons)
- International Business, BSc(Hons)
- Business (top-up degree), BSc(Hons)
All of our undergraduate courses have been designed with flexibility in mind. There are dozens of electives enabling you to tailor your studies to your chosen career path.
We encourage all of our undergraduate students to take a placement year between the second and final year. It allows you to apply your accumulated skills in paid employment and gain valuable hands-on experience. It also helps you to build industry contacts that will be invaluable when you graduate.
The 2011 National Student Survey shows a very strong result for business, with 'overall satisfaction' at 85%.
At postgraduate level we offer Masters degrees in:
- Change Management, PGCert (taught in block mode)
- International Management, MSc
- International Retail Management MSc
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Management, MSc
- Management (Entrepreneurship), MSc
- Management (Human Resources), MSc
- Management (Innovation), MSc
- Management (Knowledge Management), MSc
- Management (Public Service), MSc
- Managing Change and Innovation MSc
- Retail Management, MSc
Our postgraduate courses will strengthen your existing skills and qualifications, support your career progression, make sure you meet professional requirements, and provide rich personal development.
- General Management, MBA
- International Management, MBA
- Public Service Management, MBA
- General Management, MBA (part time)
- Knowledge and Innovation, MBA (taught in block mode)
- Leadership, MBA (taught in block mode)
Our MBA (Master of Business Administration) courses are designed for experienced managers and professionals wishing to develop their managerial capability and their careers.
As well as enhancing your professional and personal development, our programmes enable you to develop critical skills and contribute to optimising organisational performance.
- Diploma in Management and Leadership
accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Human Resource Management, MSc
accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
Our part-time courses provide opportunities to develop and update professional skills. They allow you to combine work and study, and immediately apply your learning from the course to your workplace.
They have been developed in partnership with professional bodies and many will give you a recognised industry qualification.