We currently have many projects in progress which are actively helping the business community to develop products, services, technologies and systems. Here are just a few examples of ways in which we work with industry:
- Rick Stein - Diversifying hospitality through retail
Rick and Jill Stein's Padstow-based business worked with the university to develop a new retail strategy and operational systems.
Education and training
- FDM - Kick-starting careers in IT consultancy
FDM offers trainees the opportunity to gain an MSc.
- The Pensions Regulator - Award-bearing course in-house
The Pensions Regulator worked with Brighton Business School to develop a university validated in-house course.
- Site Visibility - Accessing the talent pool
Site Visibility offers placements and a scholarship to digital media students.
- Plastipack - From swimming pools to reservoirs
Swimming pool coverings materials manufacturer Plastipack developed new environmental properties for its materials with a graduate on a Knowledge Transfer Partnership.
- Biocompatibles International - Drug delivery system
PhD students work with Biocompatibles in developing polymer-based drug delivery systems for the treatment of cancer.
- Allergy Therapeutics - Characterising materials for solubility
Allergy Therapeutics work with Brighton team in the development of pharmaceutical vaccine products
Product design and engineering
- Bowers & Wilkins - Testing sound frequencies
B&W have been working with the university to push the boundaries of speaker design.
- Grays International - Product design for sport
Grays International has a long history of designing and manufacturing elite sports equipment.
- Easidream - Cot rocker helps babies
Easidream prototypes help babies to sleep quickly and safely in pilot operational trials.
- Ricardo - Reducing carbon emissions through fuel efficiency
Ricardo work with Brighton to create fuel efficent technologies