Stay in touch
- Subscribe to our events using RSS
- 08.05.2013 - 08.05.2013 | 12.30 Cupp International Seminar: Rethinking Community Practice - Developing transformative neighbourhoods
- 03.05.2013 - 03.05.2013 | 12.30 Cupp International Seminar: "Free University Brighton" with Ali Ghanimi
- 07.03.2013 - 07.03.2013 | 12.30 Cupp International Seminar: Student Rag Community Service at North-West University's Potchefstroom
- 10.12.2012 - 10.12.2012 Cupp International Seminar: Towards the 'Engaged University'? The Connected Communities Programme
- 12.11.2012 | 12.00 Developing Community Media Partnerships: Empowering diverse voices?
- 03.10.2012 | 17.00 The RSA and University of Brighton present ‘Making Better Places’
- 20.09.2012 - 20.09.2012 | 13.30 Social Mentoring Network Meeting
- 11.09.2012 | 12.30 Cupp International Seminar : ‘Systemic Action Research’ with Danny Burns
- 26.07.2012 - 09.09.2012 Festival of The World: Art Will Change the World
- 03.07.2012 | 09.30 *EVENT POSTPONED * New Arenas: How can sport help tackle barriers to education?
- *EVENT POSTPONED * New Arenas: How can sport help tackle barriers to education?
- 03.07.2012 09.30 - 14.00
- CUPP Events
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE *
Please click for further information
July 3rd 9.30-2pm University of Sussex conference centre
Albion in the Community, University of Brighton and University of Sussex are delighted to announce details of the third in the ‘New Arenas’ seminar series, to be hosted by the University of Sussex in the Conference Centre, Bramber House
This seminar will explore how we can utilise sport to improve access to education, particularly for disadvantaged young people. It will involve short presentations from researchers and practitioners to help describe the current terrain, followed by discussion and networking to identify how we might want to work together in the future. Key note presentations will examine the evidence for sport schemes enhancing access to education, describe leading football schemes (Albion in the Community), and explore an inspiring link with technology (Apple).
Our aims for this event are to develop policy, research and practice in the use of sport to engage ‘hard to reach’ groups in education, and to promote networking to inform future learning about practice and project development.
This event is free of charge and all are welcome
It may be of particular interest to:
Those who work in education, particularly with young people
Researchers interested in sport and education
Users of services are particularly welcome to attend
Booking and Fees
This event is free of charge and welcome to all. We reserve the right to charge a £50 administrative fee if you book a place but do not attend without prior notification.
For campus map showing the location of Bramber house, and directions to the University of Sussex, see http://www.sussex.ac.uk/aboutus/findus/campusmaps
EventList powered by schlu.net