The partnership office has a strategic role in the management and quality assurance of the wide range of initial teacher education (ITE) and non-ITE provision across the faculty. The current partnership includes:
- faculty-wide ITE partnerships with over 500 schools and colleges in the region
- liaison with Academies, Teaching Schools and Free Schools to support their needs
- liaison with professional statutory bodies (for example, TA, DFE, National Youth Agency)
- the MA (Ed) in Mauritius and several British Council link projects in conjunction with the Mauritius Institute of Education (MIE)
- programmes for teachers and teaching assistants in the States of Guernsey
- employment-based programmes for students undertaking foundation degrees (for example, Youth Work, Early Years Care and Education)
- programmes leading to professional qualifications in the further education sector
- contribution to the Faculty's American programme.
The university is a very large provider of ITE in both the primary and secondary phases. Because of increasing numbers of trainees, the Partnership Coordinator John Smith, is always interested to hear from schools or colleges who would like to consider with us the possibility of entering into partnership.
Dr. John Smith
University of Brighton