Placements form an important part of many of our courses, whether at schools, colleges, youth services or other places of work. The School of Education enjoys well-established partnerships with schools in the area and strong links with local employers.
- students on Initial Teacher Education courses typically spend a large proportion of the course on placements. These may include: one day a week placements, block weeks, non-school based settings and different schools, in order to gain a depth and breadth of experience
- the Partnership Office maintains partnerships with some 450 schools and colleges in the region
- student teachers are supported by school-based mentors and university tutors, who work in partnership helping trainees connect theory and practice
- see individual course outlines for details.
- Our Continuing Professional Development courses are typically aimed at those practitioners already working within particular vocational contexts
- Partnership with employers
- Support from workplace mentors and university tutors
- Secondary/supplementary placements.