When to submit an application to FREGC
Within the University of Brighton there is now a three-tiered research ethics and governance approval process. These webpages describe the application procedures and review process of the Faculty Research Ethics and Governance Committee (FREGC) for approving research ethics applications in tier two of the research approval process.
You submit a proposal to FREGC if you fulfil one of the following criteria:
- You are planning research on members of staff or students of the Faculty of Health and Social Science
- You are a member of staff planning research
- You are undertaking doctoral studies
- You are planning to send a an application for external approval
- Your research is considered to be moderate risk, requiring the resolution of complex ethical concerns, dealing with vulnerable groups of field work in challenging and or sensitive settings
- Your research has been referred to FREGC following tier one scrutiny or dissertation outline scrutiny
- Your research has been referred to FREGC following dissertation outline scrutiny
All submissions will be managed through the FREGC electronic dashboard. All applications should be uploaded at this address:
Please note that since the university updated Outlook, some messages from Manuscriptcentral to staff and students are being assigned to junk mail. This problem cannot be resolved centrally as junk email is determined by Outlook. Please follow these simple instructions on how to redirect Manuscriptcentral emails to your inbox.
Before submitting your application please check you have all the required documents See the application checklist.