International study at the University of Brighton

How to apply

International students apply to the university in the same way as UK students, but there are different application procedures for different types of courses. 

Undergraduate study

If you are applying for a full-time undergraduate degree course such as BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) or an undergraduate integrated masters (MFA, MPharm or MEng), you apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).

UCAS is a centralised application service for all UK universities. In the course finder you will see that our undergraduate courses all include a UCAS code that you will need for your application. 

For more information see Undergraduate study - how to apply.

Postgraduate study

If you are applying for a full-time postgraduate course (ie. MA, MSc, MBA) you can fill out the University of Brighton taught masters application form online, or you can apply by post.
For more information see Postgraduate study - how to apply.

Research study

If you are applying for a full-time research programme (MPhil, PhD) you should first contact the Director of Postgraduate Studies for your chosen subject area. 

You will need to submit a detailed outline of your research proposal so that the school can match your proposal with its research interests and determine whether it is able to supervise you. 

You will then need to complete the University of Brighton research application form, by post or online.

For more information see Doctoral College - how to apply.

University preparation courses and pre-masters programmes

If you want to apply for a foundation certificate, diploma, or graduate diploma through our International College you need to apply to them directly.

For more information see International College - how to apply.

Please be aware that we may share application details of suitable students with the University of Brighton's International College.

English language programmes

For any Learn English courses, including English for Academic Study, the extended masters route or pre-sessional English you should apply to the Brighton Language Institute.

For more information see:

If you need any help with the application procedure, contact us at

Contact us via our online enquiry form or call us on +44 (0) 207 250 6749