Students from Canada
- Canada's connection with the university
- Meet us and our international representatives
- Entry requirements (equivalencies)
- Immigration and visas
- Financial assistance
- Contact us to make an enquiry.
There are currently 50 students and 128 active alumni of the university who are from Canada. Students from Canada choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Accredited Law courses delivered by nationally and internationally experienced lawyers and with work placements that prepare you for professional practice.
- Our degree and masters courses in Business, Management and Economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
The university has an active partnership with Georgian College, the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design and Ontario College of Art and Design.
Many alumni are connected by their membership of the University of Brighton Alumni Association to enhance other connections with each other in Canada, in England and around the world.
Meet us in Canada
Staff and students of the university travel to countries around the world for academic collaborations, research projects and to speak with prospective students and their families.
One of our international officers will be in Canada on the following dates:
Meet our international representatives
We have a number of registered and approved representatives in Canada. They can help you with information about the university and the UK, and assist you with your application.
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Canada to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
Find the UK equivalent to your Canadian qualification level here.
Academic and study skills at our International College
Successful completion of one of our International College courses offers guaranteed progression to degree courses at the university.
Find out more about foundation certificate or pre-masters courses at our International College.
English language tuition
The UK Border Agency requires that all students complete a secure English language test before applying for their visa. The university's Brighton Language Institute can help undergraduate and postgraduate students from Canada to complete their SELT and to undertake English language programmes to meet university entry requirements, if it is required.
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie. a visa) is required for students coming from Canada. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Canada, contact the UK Border Agency.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in Canada.
Canadian students attending the University of Brighton can apply for financial aid from their Federal and Provincial Governments. Find out more.
Students from Canada are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships.
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry.