Students from Gambia
- Gambia's connection with the university
- Meet us
- Entry requirements (equivalencies)
- Immigration and visas
- Financial assistance
- Contact us to make an enquiry
Students from Gambia choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in Business, Management and Economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. You can become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced Professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- We are ranked 17th in the UK for our Building degrees (The Complete University Guide, 2011).
We do not currently have any scheduled visits to Gambia, however, if you would like to meet us please contact us at email@example.com.
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Gambia to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
Academic and study skills at our International College
Successful completion of one of our International College programmes offers guaranteed progression to degree courses at the university.
Find out more about foundation certificate or pre-masters courses at our International College.
English language tuition
The UK Border Agency requires that all students complete a secure English language test before applying for their visa. The university's Brighton Language Institute can help undergraduate and postgraduate students from Gambia to complete their SELT and to undertake English language programmes to meet university entry requirements, if required.
Students from Gambia are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships.
Generally, students coming from Gambia require prior entry clearance (ie. a visa). To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Gambia, contact the UK Border Agency in Gambia.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry.