Students from Hong Kong
- The university's connection with Hong Kong
- Meet us and our international representatives
- Entry requirements and equivalencies
- Immigration and visas
- Financial assistance
- Contact us to make an enquiry.
There are currently 59 students and 335 active alumni of the university who are from Hong Kong. Students from Hong Kong choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in Business, Management and Economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. Become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced Professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- Accounting courses are recognised as an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) gold tuition provider.
- Accredited Law courses delivered by nationally and internationally experienced lawyers and with work placements that prepare you for professional practice.
- Creative arts and design courses develop creative thinkers in a research-active environment, with 65% of the Faculty's research deemed 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' in the latest Research Assessment Exercise.
- Undergraduate computing courses accredited by the British Computer Society, offer an optional work placement year.
- We introduced the UK's first undergraduate computing course, today close industry links and staff research ensure that our courses are up-to-date and serve the needs of students and employers.
- Engineering courses accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- In the Complete University Guide 2012 general engineering at the University of Brighton was ranked 8th in the UK.
- We jointly operate the Sir Harry Ricardo Laboratories, one of the foremost centres for automotive engine research in Europe.
The university has an active partnership with CUTW Community College for the Product Design BA(Hons) programme.
Principle Lecturer in the Chelsea School of Sport, Stuart Mills, has shared publication on his research interest in Biomechanics in Sport with the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Professor Albert Lee, from the School of Public Health and Primary Care at the Chinese University of Hong Kong is a visiting professor at the Centre for International Health Development research centre at the University of Brighton.
Many alumni are connected by their membership of the University of Brighton Alumni Association and are active on the Hong Kong alumni associations on Facebook and LinkedIn, using this medium to enhance other connections with each other in Hong Kong, in England and around the world.
International officers, staff on English language testing trips for the Brighton Language Institute and academic staff regularly visit Hong Kong. Our next visits to Hong Kong will be:
Meet our international representatives
We have a number of registered and approved representatives in Hong Kong. They can help you with information about the university and the UK, and assist you with your application.
Central Hong Kong
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Hong Kong to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
Find the UK equivalent to your Hong Kong qualification level here.
Academic and study skills at our International College
Successful completion of one of our International College courses offers guaranteed progression to degree and masters courses at the university. Our International College opened in September with students from Hong Kong applying for pathway courses to progress on to degrees in Accounting and Finance, Business Management, International Business, Retail Management, Law with Business and Pharmacy.
Find out more about foundation certificate or pre-masters courses at our International College. Let us know if you would like to speak with other students from Hong Kong.
English language tuition
The UK Border Agency requires that all students complete a secure English language test (SELT) before applying for their visa. The university's Brighton Language Institute helps many undergraduate and postgraduate students from Hong Kong to complete their SELT and to undertake English language programmes to meet university entry requirements.
Hong Kong is a region of many nationalities, including many people with citizenship of the UK but residency in Hong Kong. Your residential status will determine your tuition fees and the type of visa you will require to come to the UK to study.
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie. a visa) is required for students coming from Hong Kong. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Hong Kong, contact the UK Border Agency.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
Students from Hong Kong are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships.
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry.