Students from Thailand
- Thailand's connection with the university
- Meet us and our international representatives
- Entry requirements (equivalencies)
- Immigration and visas
- Financial assistance
- Contact us to make an enquiry.
There are currently 47 students and 47 active alumni of the university who are from Thailand. Students from Thailand choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in Business, Management and Economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. Become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced Professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- Creative arts and design courses develop creative thinkers in a research-active environment, with 65% of the Faculty's research deemed 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' in the latest Research Assessment Exercise.
The university has an active partnership with Mae Fah Luang for the BA(Hons) Business Management course.
Many alumni are connected by their membership of the University of Brighton Alumni Association to enhance other connections with each other in Thailand, in England and around the world.
Meet us in Thailand
International officers and academics from the University of Brighton visit Thailand regularly. Our next confirmed visits are here:
Meet our international representatives
We have a number of registered and approved representatives in Thailand. They can help you with information about the university and the UK, and assist you with your application.
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Thailand to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
Find the UK equivalent to your Thai qualification level here.
Academic and study skills at our International College
Successful completion of one of our International College courses offers guaranteed progression to degree courses at the university.
Find out more about foundation certificate or pre-masters courses at our International College. Let us know if you would like to speak with other students from Thailand.
English language tuition
The UK Border Agency requires that all students complete a secure English language test before applying for their visa. The university's Brighton Language Institute can help undergraduate and postgraduate students from Thailand to complete their SELT and to undertake English language programmes to meet university entry requirements.
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie. a visa) is required for students coming from Thailand. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Thailand, contact the UK Border Agency.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in Thailand.
Students from Thailand are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships.
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry.