International study at the University of Brighton

Courses and qualifications

As an international student you can study almost all of the full-time* courses at the University of Brighton. To see the wide range of course options use our online course finder or the international prospectus.

We offer:

Undergraduate courses

Our undergraduate courses include honours degree courses eg. BA(Hons), BSc(Hons), BEng, MEng and MPharm, professional qualifications and top-up degree courses. More about our types of undergraduate courses.

NOTE: Regulations set out by the United Kingdom's NHS (National Health Service) mean that you cannot study undergraduate courses in the area of nursing. 

Taught postgraduate courses

We offer a range of full-time postgraduate degree courses and diplomas, including MA, MSc, MBA and PGCert. More about our types of taught postgraduate degree courses.

Research degrees

Our research degrees (MPhil, PhD) cover a wide range of subject areas and are overseen by the university's Doctoral College

University preparation and pre-masters programmes

If you need to improve your academic qualifications to meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, our International College offers university foundation courses and pre-masters programmes. We also offer pre-sessional English courses. More about our university foundation courses and pre-masters programmes.

English language courses

The university's language institute provides a comprehensive range of pre-sessional English language courses for students who want to improve their English language before beginning university and in the first year of their study. More about our English language courses.

If you know what type of course you want to do, see our information on how to apply.

* If you are a non-European Union national please note that for part-time courses you will not be able to obtain a Tier 4 Student entry clearance (visa) to come to the UK to study only this course. If you are already in the UK with a Tier 4 Student visa or residence permit you cannot undertake only a part-time course as you must study a full-time course. You can, however, take a part-time course in addition to your main course of study if you get permission from your course leader and you have time to do both courses.

If you have permission to be in the UK in a category other than Tier 4, for example as a PBS Dependent; as a Spouse; under Tier 1 Post Study Work; Tier 2 etc. you may take a part-time course as you are allowed to study part-time (as well as full-time). If you are not sure whether your permission in the UK allows you to study part-time please contact

Contact us via our online enquiry form or call us on +44 (0) 207 250 6749

Course search

What our graduates say

Pharmacy professional aspects

contentbox-quote-orange.gifThe best part of the course would be the professional practice aspects. There we have to simulate real situations, as if we are really working. And when we get involved in that process, we are able to actually put in practice what we have been taught in theory and also to anticipate what we should expect when we get to our feet.

Festus Okunbor
Pharmacy (PGDip)

Hear more from Festus and other undergraduate and postgraduate students.