Students starting in September 2014
For students starting at the University of Brighton in September 2014, the orientation programme happens the week before the new academic year starts, on Tuesday 23 September. The series of orientation events is designed to help students adapt to life at the University of Brighton as easily as possible and meet other students.
The orientation programme is open to international and EU students who have accepted an unconditional offer from the University of Brighton. The programme is designed for students who will be completely new to the University of Brighton. As such, students who have previously studied at the University of Brighton's International College or who are studying on a Pre-sessional English course, the English for Academic Study or the Extended Masters programme are not eligible to join the programme. Students whose courses are due to start during or before the week commencing Tuesday 23 September are also not eligible to apply. If you are unsure whether you are eligible to attend, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Free airport pick-up service for those arriving at London's Heathrow or Gatwick airports (university staff will be at the airports to arrange travel by train or coach to Brighton) on Tuesday 23 September 2014.
- Free accommodation in halls of residence during the orientation programme.
- An information fair to give you an opportunity to find out about the university, local services and Students' Union activities.
- Tours of Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings.
- Talks on a range of issues relating to life in the UK.
- Evening social events, including an official welcome to the university.
You will be introduced to a current student who will be your student ambassador, help you during orientation week and answer any questions you may have.
The orientation programme is free for all international and EU students.