Improvements to studentcentral - project completed
Update August 2010: Studentcentral has now successfully been upgraded to the latest version of Blackboard, version 9.1. Read on to find out about bug fixes and new features.
The upgrade has cured some of the major bugs from the previous version:
- Announcements sent as emails will now be delivered correctly
- Feedback attached to submissions (including via TurnItIn) can now be accessed by the student
- Ability to get full list of students on your modules
- Ability to view access statistics for your areas
The upgrade has also introduced some helpful new features for students and tutors:
- "save and next" efficiency feature in the Grade Centre
- New Learning Module tool
- New course file management library
- New Lesson Plan tool
- Improved appearance
Find out more:
Staff can attend a one hour run through of the new features of studentcentral 2010 - (version 9.1 of Blackboard). This show and tell session will focus on the new content management system, the new simplified method of adding files and media, anonymous marking of assignments and other new features. We will also run through some of the fixes - such as emailing of Announcements, feedback from Turnitin and statistics. To book a place, or to download session notes, see our training web pages
We will continue to work on improvements to studentcentral. At the same time we are understaking a formal review of the technical
infrastructure of our e-learning platform.
See other summer projects
Comment on this story
You are not authorized to leave comments - please login.