Schools based in Eastbourne
Making your way to Eastbourne
- From London: trains leave London Victoria regularly and take approximately 90 minutes to reach Eastbourne. From Brighton and the east and west: Southern trains connect Eastbourne with Lewes and Brighton to the west and Hastings and Rye to the east.
- National Express coaches depart for Eastbourne from London Victoria coach station three times a day.
- Gatwick international airport is approximately an hour from Eastbourne by road or rail. The M23/A27 route connects Gatwick to Eastbourne.
- Heathrow international airport is on the M25 which connects with the A22 at junction 6. Or you can take the underground (Piccadilly line) to London Victoria and catch a train to Eastbourne.
- From London:
Eastbourne can be reached by road via the M25, A22 and then the A2270.
- From Brighton and the east (A259):
Visitors travelling east on the A259 should turn right on to Warren Hill/Beachy Head Road (sign posted) for main sites which are individually signed at the Carlisle Road/Darley Road crossroads. Those travelling to Leaf Hospital should go straight on and turn right on to Upperton Road towards the town centre. If travelling on the A27 then use the A2270 (old A22) into Eastbourne. Road signs to the university commence on the large (Willingdon) roundabout. These will take you into the town centre via Upperton Road. If visiting Leaf Hospital you will be directed left at traffic lights close to Eastbourne station.
- From west (A259/A27):
Visitors travelling west on the A259 should ignore A22 Eastbourne town centre signs and continue on to the large roundabout at the end of the Polegate by-pass then take the A2270.
For university sites it is best to travel into Eastbourne via the A2270 and not the Polegate bypass.
If visiting Hillbrow/Welkin or Darley Road sites you will be directed right on a mini roundabout by Eastbourne station, along Grove Road and on to Meads Road, then Beachy Head Road.
If you require the Hillbrow/Welkin site, turn right off Meads Road up Carlisle Road (sign posted). For the Darley Road site, continue on the Meads Road and on to Beachy Head Road (straight on at two mini roundabouts) and then left into Darley Road (sign posted).
Getting around Eastbourne
Eastbourne town centre and the seafront are both within walking and cycling distance of the university, although it will take around 25 minutes to walk to the train station. You can catch the number 3 and 4 buses from the Terminus Road bus stop outside Eastbourne train station to Darley Road and Hillbrow/Welkin sites.
|Leaf Hospital||St Anne's Road||BN21 2HW|