Based in Falmer
- School of Applied Social Science
- School of Education
- School of Humanities (languages, literature and communication courses)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School:
- Mayfield House is on this campus
- Teaching Building, Medical Research Building and The Trafford Centre are on the University of Sussex campus
The Falmer campus is approximately 7 km from Brighton city centre. Cycle lanes run between Falmer and the city centre. Falmer railway station is a short walk from the campus, Moulsecoomb is one stop away and Brighton mainline station three. There is a frequent bus service connecting Falmer and central Brighton.
Car parking on campus is limited and a parking permit is required to park on the site. Permits are only given to drivers who can demonstrate that car travel is essential. A free shuttle bus operates from Varley Park, and a Park and Ride scheme from Moulsecoomb on weekdays in term time.
- Cycle lanes run from the city centre along the A270 Lewes Road to Falmer. Cycle stands monitored by CCTV are provided on site.
- The 25 bus runs from Palmeira Square in Hove, via Brighton city centre to the University of Brighton Falmer campus. The 23 runs from Brighton Marina, via the Royal Sussex County Hospital and then to the University of Brighton Falmer campus.
- The 28 and 29 express limited stop services run from Brighton to Lewes and stop at Falmer, but not on the University of Brighton Falmer campus..
- Visit the Brighton and Hove Company website for timetables and more on special ticket deals for students.
- There are up to four trains an hour from Moulsecoomb to Falmer (4 minutes journey time), two an hour direct to Eastbourne (35 minutes journey time) and regular direct and connecting services to Hastings (70 minutes average journey time).
- Visit the National Rail Enquiries website for timetables and passenger information.
- Due to construction work, access for wheelchair access will no longer be available from the platform adjacent to the university, i.e. Brighton bound. Instead, a free taxi pick-up and drop-off service will now operate from the station side, i.e. Lewes bound. You can find out more about temporary disabled access to Falmer here.
Park and Ride
- There is a Park and Ride service from Moulsecoomb to the Falmer campus. The Park and Ride spaces are marked with a thick green line and can be found in the Watts north car park, permit required.
- Please note that the Park and Ride does not operate on Saturdays or Sundays, so will not run for any weekend events (including open days).
- From the A23:
At the Mill Road roundabout, as you approach Brighton take the left-hand lane signposted Newhaven, Lewes (A27). At the mini roundabout take the 2nd exit (straight over). At the next mini roundabout take the 2nd exit (right) onto the A27 eastbound. Take the exit signposted universities and Falmer (passing the University of Sussex on the left) and turn right at the roundabout. Go over the flyover, straight on at the next roundabout and then turn first right down Village Way.
- From the A27 eastbound:
Follow the directions above from point 2, bearing mind you are already on the A27 heading towards Lewes.
- From the A27 westbound:
Take the slip road signposted Falmer Rottingdean and Universities (B2124) and at the roundabout, turn left. Turn first right down Village Way.
Important information about parking on the Falmer campus.
|All buildings on campus||Village Way||BN1 9PH|
|Brighton and Sussex Medical School||University of Sussex||BN1 9PX|