An industrial placement will give you the chance for significant personal development, and improve your chances when applying for jobs in the future. We have staff dedicated to making sure you choose the right placement for your career requirements depending on your degree.
Why should I do an industrial placement?
- It will give you work experience.
- You will usually be paid.
- Employers providing placements often consider their placement students for graduate opportunities.
- Employers will usually give preference to students who have had a placement year.
- You could be sponsored for your final year.
- You may be able to find an interesting final year project from the work you have been involved in.
- It may help you to decide what area of your course you are most interested in.
- It is well recognised that students returning from placements usually perform better in their final year.
The placement office does not organise placements abroad. If this is something you are really interested in doing, you will need to make all the necessary enquiries and arrangements yourself.
Faculty Placements Unit
- phone: +44 (0) 1273 642593 or 642464 or 642718
- email: SciEngPlacements@brighton.ac.uk
Pharmacy Clinical Placement
A distinctive feature of our MPharm honours degree program is the opportunity of gaining valuable work experience in a professional placement. These placements are compulsory and are mandatory to successful completion of the course.
The school has a dedicated clinical placements officer Mrs Helen Watts who has spent many years building a network of professional placements with community, industrial and clinical based organisation across the UK.
See further information on our Pharmacy placements.