Whether you are looking to update skills or acquire new ones the University of Brighton offers a wide range of professional development opportunities.
Our courses are relevant to the changing demands of the professions and employers and they are developed in collaboration with industry and the public sector. We offer different modes and levels of study to suit a variety of circumstances.
- Single modules from masters-level courses can be taken on a stand-alone basis for professional development purposes.
- We offer taught postgraduate courses in a wide range of professional areas on both a full and part-time basis.
- Professional doctorates provide part-time development opportunities for people working at a senior level in a range of professions.
- We develop and run short and evening courses developed to address specific skills and knowledge gaps.
- Many of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses also involve professional accreditation or exemption from professional exams.
- We offer alternative routes to degrees including Foundation degrees and HNDs and 'top-up' degrees for people with a range of professional qualifications.
We also develop tailor-made courses designed to meet specific organisational need. Options vary throughout the year and currently include
- art and design
- computing and information management
- engineering, environmental science and pharmaceutical science
- nursing and other health professionals
- opportunities for teachers
Successful completion of a professionally accredited course indicates that you have reached the occupational standard required to practice that profession. The provision of vocationally relevant and accredited education is a particular strength of the University of Brighton. Currently our courses are accredited by professional bodies including:
- Chartered Management Institute
- British Computer Society
- Health professions
- Fast Track and initial teacher training
Continuing professional development (CPD)
Continuing professional development plays a vital role in career progression for people with professional qualifications. Keeping your skills up to date is linked with opportunities for promotion and chartered status for many professions.
We offer continuing professional development opportunities for managers, teachers, nurses, information professionals, engineers, pharmacists, IT professionals and many other professions.
Find out more
- Use our Course finder to see what the development opportunities are in your professional field of interest
- Visit school and faculty websites for detailed information about the short courses, evening classes and workshops that they offer.