48-week work placements
You can take an optional 48-week work placement between years two and three of School of Sport and Service Management undergraduate course in events, hospitality, retail, tourism and travel.
On placement you will complete a work-based project that replaces your final year dissertation and contributes directly to your final degree mark.
To help you find suitable placement opportunities we have links with many employers both overseas and in the UK.
You will pay a much reduced tuition fee for your placement year.
Benefits of taking a placement
- Apply the knowledge of your degree subject to a real-life working situation.
- Gain first-hand experience of the recruitment and interview process.
- Inform your final year project and academic study with experience in a professional environment.
- Develop contacts that could lead to a permanent position on graduation.
- Develop your personal skills including communication, problem solving and confidence.
- Earn money to help you to manage your finances for your final year.
- Add completion of professional training to your degree certificate which provides more evidence to employers of your competency and experience.
- Travel and enjoy a different way of living for a year.
- Gain a year’s relevant work experience and a better idea of your future career.
Find out more
Contact our Employability Hub to find out more about taking a 48-week work placement.