Each year the university carries out a 'first destination' survey with investigates and analyses the employment rate of the university's graduates. The School of the Environment is very well represented in these surveys and the results show that our graduates have a consistently higher rate of employment than the national average.
94% of our graduates are not seeking employment of further training within 6 months of graduation, in comparison to figures from the Higher Education Funding Council of England (HEFCE), which show that on average 72% of all UK university graduates are in employment within 6 months of graduation.
A recent analysis found that the vast majority of the school's graduates are now employed in senior positions within industry. In fact, our graduates are employed in a wide range of positions with organisations based in over 50 countries worldwide.
- Actuarial Analyst, Odyssey America Reinsurance Coproration
- Chief Executive Officer, MMC Engineering Group Berhad
- Development Manager, Carlton Interactive Media Limited
- Electronics Broadcast Engineer, Teddington Studios Limited
- Hardware Engineer, Paxton Access Limited
- Lecturer of Mathematics, Chichester College
- Lecturer, Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education
- Librarian, Department of Trade and Industry
- Managing Director, Deutsch Limited
- Operational Research Consultant, British Airways
- Project Manager, BBC
- Project Manager, Philips Semiconductors
- Software Engineer, Dunlop Aviation
- Statistician, NHS Business Services Authority
- Systems Analyst, Glaxo SmithKline
- Technical Author, Micro Focus Limited
- Unix Infrastructure Manager, BT
- Web Developer, Virgin Cosmetics