The SHRL have been awarded a £1.3m EPSRC research grant to study the deformation of microscopic fuel droplets.
We are currently offering a fully funded PhD studentship on laser diagnostics for sprays.
Heat transfer expertise
Contact: Prof Morgan Heikal
The group has experience in:
- Computational fluid dynamics and heat transfer (CFD)
- Heat transfer and flow resistance measurement
- Local velocity and turbulence measurement
- Local heat transfer measurement
- Laser sheet flow visualisation and PIV
- Combined heat and mass transfer analysis
- Heat exchange testing