The continuing professional education division of the School of Nursing and Midwifery offers a wide range of contemporary courses, modules and pathways for nurses, midwives and other health professionals who wish to develop their professional practice and academic careers.
We also offer flexible learning routes, and our 'Recognising educational Quality' mark for workplace learning programmes.
We offer opportunities for professional education via study days and workshops through the study days and workshops programme.
Our flexible learning section details how learners can focus their studies on their work and gain academic credit for their learning. This includes work-based learning, accrediting prior or experiential learning, recognising and accrediting work-related learning, and our 'Recognising educational Quality' mark. We also have a CPE learning adviser who can assist you in making your choices.
Please see our newsletter (pdf 500Kb) for exciting new opportunities.
- develop your professional skills and effectiveness in a supportive learning environment;
- have an excellent record for producing skilful, well-educated practitioners;
- enhance your capacity to respond to health care requirements;
- encourage creativity in your career development;
- offer flexible routes including accreditation of prior and experiential learning, recognition of work-related learning and work-based learning;
- enable you to network with other health professionals;
- encourage you to explore research opportunities.
Find out more about our courses
Fees for our CPE courses are variable and are available on request. Please contact our marketing and admissions team, email@example.com, for further details.