Register with a dentist
In most instances it is best for you to keep your family dentist and make appointments there during vacations, as there are no dental facilities at university.
However, you can register with the University of Sussex dentist, in the Health Centre on the Sussex campus at Falmer, +44 (0)1273 605555.
If you want to register with a local dentist, you can find one here: www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/ServiceSearch.aspx?ServiceType=Dentist
You can also telephone:
- NHS dental helpline on +44 (0)300 1000899
- NHS Direct on +44 (0)845 4647
- Brighton students should contact Lewes Emergency Dental Clinic: +44 03000 242548
- Eastbourne students should contact Hailsham Dental Clinic: +44 01323 449170
- Hastings students should contact Hastings Dental Clinic: +44 (0)1424 850792
Help with health costs
If you are on a low income you may be able to get help through the NHS Low Income Scheme. The amount of help you get depends on your income.