Emergency or out of hours
If you need to consult a doctor outside normal working hours please ring South East Health on +44 (0)3000 242424 or contact NHS Direct: www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk, +44 (0)845 4647.
In an emergency only:
- go to A&E in Brighton at Royal Sussex County Hospital, Eastern Road, +44 (0)1273 696955 (ext 4264)
- go to A&E in Eastbourne at District General Hospital, Kings Drive, +44 (0)1323 417400
- go to A&E in Hastings at Conquest Hospital, The Ridge, St Leonards-on-Sea, +44 (0)1424 755255
- phone emergency services direct on 999
Injured or unwell? Don't go to A&E if it's not a serious emergency.
Visit NHS Choices where you can find the right treatment for your symptom and take the appropriate action.
If you go home over the holidays and need to see your family doctor do not re-register, just fill out a temporary form.
Contraception and sexual health
Most surgeries provide emergency contraception; an emergency appointment will be given provided you state why you need it. Do not delay seeking treatment. Or you can go to the Sexual Health Clinic:
- in Brighton at Claude Nicol Centre, Outpatient Department, The Royal Sussex County Hospital, Eastern Rd, +44 (0)1273 664721
- in Eastbourne at Avenue House, The Avenue, +44 (0)1323 444166
- in Hastings at Station Plaza Health Centre, Station Approach, +44 (0)1424 464750
- or any chemist (please note you will be liable to pay for this service).