Knowledge Transfer Partnerships enable companies to access the resources and expertise they need to innovate and grow.
The latest statistics from Innovate UK show that, on average, the KTP business benefits are:
- £113k one-off increase in net profit during the programme
- Projected increase of over £1 million in annual profits before tax
- The creation of two new jobs
- Increase in skills of existing staff
Company contributions vary from 33 to 50 per cent of the total project cost and companies can apply for R&D tax relief.
Find out more about the types of projects we run and if you have a question, please see our FAQs or contact our team.
Working as a Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate allows you to apply your degree, deliver a real world project, and gain excellent commercial experience.
- Potential to gain a permanent job with an innovative company (approximately 78 per cent of graduates are offered employment at the end of a KTP)
- Mentoring from the company and an academic team
- Opportunity to gain a professional qualification and/or higher degree at the same time as working
- £2,000 per annum personal development budget
- Boost your professional development and skills through leading and delivering a high profile project
See our vacancies page for the latest KTPs with the University of Brighton and the national KTP website for vacancies in the UK.
Involvement in a Knowledge Transfer Partnership allows academics to apply their knowledge to a collaborative business project.
- Develop business-relevant teaching materials and insight into business requirements/operations
- Generate evidence and impact for the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Initiate new student projects (on average over two student projects are initiated by each KTP project)
- Publish research papers demonstrating research impact in a real world environment (on average over four publications are generated from each KTP project)
- Supervise a high quality graduate, who may register for a higher degree
KTP and the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Income from KTP is measurable research income under the REF
- Research, case studies and outcomes from KTP form an integral part of the university's REF impact statements
- KTP Associates who register for higher degrees during the KTP are measurable under the REF
Find out more information on KTP academic involvement on our Sharepoint site and on our KTP blog.