Your company will have the opportunity to work with the University of Brighton's extremely successful Knowledge Transfer team and access cutting edge research and expertise that could be embedded into your company helping it to innovate and grow in new areas, supporting you to develop new projects and services.
Through the provision of grants, KEEP+ will aim to increase innovation activity in SMEs, strengthen local innovation ecosystems, engage SMEs in knowledge exchange, enable new products and services to be introduced to the market, and support the creation of new jobs.
Depending on which part of the KEEP+ programme is best suited to your needs, your business can benefit from:
- Access to academic experts and the services of an enthusiastic graduate to spearhead your project
- Bring new innovation into your business to support growth
- Greater awareness of potential markets for development of your business
- Assistance with the development and design of new products/services
- Increase your competitive advantage
- Potential to increase your profitability
- Support for innovation and business improvement
- Explore new ideas
- 50 per cent grant funding to support the benefits above.
The KEEP+ programme is a match funded activity, with part of the cost of each activity being met by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and part by the beneficiary SME. The SME match funding contributions are generally 50 per cent for revenue costs and 70 per cent for capital costs. It should be noted that an SME will be required to pay to the relevant university the costs upfront and will claim back the percentages listed above retrospectively from the KEEP+ programme.
The KEEP+ team will be happy to discuss which of the programme offers is best suited to your business needs in more detail, please email KnowledgeExchange@brighton.ac.uk and the team will get back to you.