The objectives of the competitive advantage audit are:
- To relate innovation to competitive strategy
- To focus resources for innovation in areas that enhance an organisation’s strategic differentiation
- To establish goals to re-focus an organisation’s high-level innovation development agenda.
Types of use
The competitive advantage audit is
- Primarily used as a top team assessment process.
- Also used in executive training programmes and corporate strategy workshops.
The benefits of the competitive advantage audit is that it
- directly relates innovation to corporate strategy
- assesses whether investment in innovation is being wisely spent
- provides a means for increasing competitive differentiation
- puts innovation on the top team’s agenda.
The audit process
The audit process is as follows
- Orientation to questionnaire and assessment process (by CENTRIM staff or DVD)
- Training of a nominated assessor (if required)
- Assessment questionnaire undertaken (either by CENTRIM staff or company assessor).
- Chart produced that shows the degree of alignment between the company’s strategy and investment in innovation.
For an assessment conducted by CENTRIM with companies that already have a developed competitive strategy, with analysis and consulting support, the guide price is £5500 (excluding VAT, if applicable).
If a competitive strategy needs to be developed, the guide price for the additional service is £3000 (excluding VAT, if applicable).
For supply of the questionnaire, explanatory materials and telephone support from CENTRIM with a licence to use it in a single organisation, the price is £2000 (excluding VAT, if applicable).
Other service variations are available.