The objectives of the audit are
- To provide a common language for discuss in personal innovation skills
- To enable those who lead innovation initiatives to become clearer about their strengths and weaknesses in that role
- To establish goals to improve personal innovation skills.
The benefits of the innovation skills audit are that it
- focuses on individual behaviour
- is research-based
- assists in the identification of training and development needs
- directly relates to behaviours needed for effective innovation leadership
The audit process
The audit process is as follows
- Participants are introduced to the framework by using a DVD or by a trainer
- Each participant completes the self-survey
- Peer-to-peer coaching is used to facilitate reflection and action planning.
There is a one-off cost of £1100 (excluding VAT, if applicable) for providing the master of the Innovation Skills Survey, the explanatory DVD and a one-year licence to use the tool.
The licence can be renewed annually for a cost of £300 per year (excluding VAT, if applicable).