The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2017. They should be used as a general guide.
We operate a flexible admissions policy – this means that you could receive a lower conditional offer than the typical offer, informed by our assessment of your complementary non-academic achievements and experiences. For courses that require interview or portfolio review, this may also be considered in the level of any conditional offer that follows if your application is successful.
This course is for qualified physiotherapists. Before applying, you should:
- have an appropriate honours degree qualification in physiotherapy or a related subject. We may consider offering you a place if you do not have a first degree but do hold a diploma qualification
- normally have had at least three years of clinical experience.
Before we can offer you a place on the course, you must:
- be registered as a physiotherapist with the HCPC
- be professionally practising in an environment where it has been identified that there is a need for you to regularly use independent prescribing
- be able to demonstrate support from your employer or sponsor, including confirmation that for the duration of the course you will have appropriate supervised practice in the clinical area in which you are expected to prescribe
- have an agreement with an approved medical practitioner, who should normally be recognised by your employer as having experience in a relevant field of practice and has had training and experience in the supervision, support and assessment of trainees. Your approved medical practitioner should agree to provide opportunities to develop your competencies in prescribing, and to supervise, support and assess you during your clinical placement
- be able to show clearly documented evidence that you have appropriate background knowledge and experience and have the ability to study at academic level 6, or level 7 if you choose this option.