30 - 31 March 2022
An International Resilience Revolution Conference is being organised by the Centre of Resilience for Social Justice, led by Professor Angie Hart at the University of Brighton in collaboration with Boingboing and Blackpool HeadStart.
We have all been working together for three years. Our unique collaboration brings together a university, community organisations and local government to embed a whole town resilience approach.
Together we’re organising the world’s first Resilience Revolution conference taking place in Blackpool, UK, a quirky town by the sea.
You’ve got plenty of time to think about the theme before our Call for Contributions comes out next year.
- Are you doing resilience research or practice with an activist twist?
- Have you reclaimed resilience-based approaches to make them relevant to your own challenging context, for example, as a local community, youth collective or service user group?
- Have you got some exciting new theoretical ideas on resilience that take us to a higher plain?
- Are you putting revolutionary resilience ideas into practice in a school setting or across a whole town?
- Could you be challenging dominant constructions of resilience?
- Are you looking beyond the individual and applying resilience approaches across systems?
If any of these apply, you might want to start thinking about possible contributions, whether that be: a workshop, talk, performance piece, installation or poster.
Come and learn from academics and local communities who are developing ideas that we want to share and grow with others. We will have some bursaries for people on a low income, including community partners, youth and students who are doing important work that needs sharing.
- A mix of fascinating keynotes, workshops, performances, posters and who knows what else, by experienced community members and academics.
- Fabulous site visits to meet children, young people and adults who are putting resilience-based theories into practice in schools and local communities.
- Pre-conference workshops to learn about exciting techniques and initiatives.
- Lots of informal opportunities to make friends and new collaborators for life.
Look out for more details on our Resilience Revolution conference 2021 website.
And if you have any particularly bright ideas you think we’d be interested in that connect with the theme that you’d like to tell us about straight away, please email us - firstname.lastname@example.org.