To follow as the project progresses
Institute for Combustion Problems, Al-Farabi Kazakh State National University
- Dr Jakpar Jandosov, Lead for KazNU
- Professor Z Mansurov, Professor of Chemistry and General Director of ICP, and a member of the International Academy of Science and Higher Education.
Jalyn, Almaty, Kazkhstan
- Dr Makhmut Biisenbayev, Lead for Jalyn, executive director
- Mrs Shalpan Tuleibaeva, General director of Jalyn
- Dr Dmitry Chencik, Engineer
Big Bang Chemistry show
On June 9 2016 our three visitors from Kazakhstan, Dr Jakpar Jandosov, Dr Dmitriy Chenchick and Mr M Kerimkulova from the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University and the company Jalyn who were visiting the University of Brighton as part of our Royal Academy of Engineering project, participated in our STEM outreach activity at Roedean School Brighton.
The Big Bang Chemistry show is hosted by Professor Hal Sosabowski and his team and is an explosive fun and colourful science show demonstrating the power of chemistry.
Our visitors got to experience the show and join Hal on the stage to take a cold nitrogen shower.
Networking Event 6 June 2016
The three Kazak visitors from Al-Farabi Kazakh National University and Jalyn, participated in a network event with members of research and academic staff and students from the Schools of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences and School of Environment and Technology.
Dr Jakpar Jandosov presented their work on developing activated carbon materials from rice husk, and the participants discussed potential healthcare and environmental applications of the materials.