In 2021, Creative Futures will generate an interdisciplinary art/science/technology hive of innovative thinking that promotes scientific understanding, and ignites applied collaborations. We aim to bring together technologists, scientists, makers, artists, and other practitioners who employ creative thinking in their projects, in order to support interdisciplinarity, public understanding of science, and student engagement with research.
Through networks linking academic expertise across all disciplines and reaching out to Brighton’s creative economy and beyond, Creative Futures will work to build partnerships and exchanges that:
- increase interdisciplinary funding opportunities
- extend the impact of our research and enterprise
- develop our creative expertise in research and education
- demonstrate our outstanding creative talent and practices.
Brighton Creative Futures will provide opportunities, resources, and spaces to nurture and celebrate our creativity so that ideas generated by our research fuse with enterprise in:
- advancing fundamental science
- challenging cultural and social discourses
- creating new practices in the arts, engineering, and design.