Photo by Anton Corbijn
It is an understandable misapprehension – especially in a university which absorbed a distinguished art-school of great age – that creativity is reserved only for some specialists. It isn’t so: across all disciplines, Brighton’s creative practices and methodologies help us to imagine, comprehend and change the world around us. I very much look forward to spreading that message by finding and encouraging creativity in every part of our research community.
Through networks linking academic expertise across all disciplines and reaching out to Brighton’s creative economy and beyond, Creative Futures will work to build partnerships and exchanges that:
- increase interdisciplinary funding opportunities
- extend the impact of our research and enterprise
- develop our creative expertise in research and education
- demonstrate our outstanding creative talent and practices.
Brighton Creative Futures will provide opportunities, resources, and spaces to nurture and celebrate our creativity so that ideas generated by our research fuse with enterprise in:
- advancing fundamental science
- challenging cultural and social discourses
- creating new practices in the arts, engineering, and design.