Before you apply
Please make sure that you meet the entry requirements before making your application, and have read all of our advice about writing your research proposal and making an application on the following tabs. You should apply by the deadline.
If you have any questions about this project, your personal statement or application, we will be happy to help.
Closing date for applications: Monday 7 August 2017
There is no requirement for you to prepare a research proposal for this award. However, it is essential you submit a personal statement (maximum 1000) words. This should include:
- information about your background
- your research interests and experience
- detail about what you would bring to the project.
If you have any questions about the project please contact the named supervisor.
We will only consider complete applications – the application is complete once you have uploaded all of the following:
- your personal statement (maximum 1000 words).
- copies of your bachelors and master certificates, including transcripts.
- copy of your IELTS (or equivalent) certificate (if applicable).
- copy of your passport.
- two references uploaded or requested – one must be an academic reference from your most recent period of study. Both must have been written within the last year.
To submit your application please follow these steps:
- Click the 'apply online now' button, on the right.
- Select 'register and start a new application', to create your user account.
- Once you are logged in, select 'apply to a new course'.
- Select the type of course 'research degree'.
- Select mode of study 'full-time'.
- Select 'Doctoral College'.
- Select 'South Coast DTP'.
- Select the course 'MPhil/PhD'.
- Click 'apply'.
You will now be able to complete the online application form.