Before you apply
Please make sure that you meet the entry requirements before making your application and have read all of our advice about writing your research proposal and making an application on the following tabs. You should apply by the deadline.
If you have any questions about this project, your research proposal or application, we will be happy to help.
Closing date for applications: 16:00 Monday 4 June 2018
Although the studentship project is already defined, you are required to submit a research proposal of no more than 1,000 words to demonstrate your understanding and interpretation of the project.
Where a studentship project is broad, please provide a detailed and specific project proposal. Where a studentship project is detailed, please provide a broad proposal around the subject area.
Please make sure that your application and research proposal is completed in full, as we will only consider complete applications.
We will only consider complete applications – the application is complete once you have uploaded all of the following:
- your research proposal (maximum 1,000 words)
- copies of your bachelors and master certificates, including transcripts
- copy of your IELTS (or equivalent) certificate (if applicable)
- copy of your passport
- two references uploaded or requested – one must be an academic reference from your most recent period of study. Both must have been written within the last year.
To submit your application please follow these steps:
- Click the 'apply online now' button, on the right.
- Select 'register and start a new application' to create your user account.
- Once you are logged in, select 'apply to a new course'.
- Select the type of course 'research degree'.
- Select mode of study 'full-time'.
- Select 'Doctoral College'.
- Select 'Pollution, plastics and plumes'.
- Select the course 'MPhil/PhD'.
- Click 'apply'.
You will now be able to complete the online application form.