Before you apply
Please make sure that you meet the entry requirements before making your application and have read all of our advice about making an application on the following tabs. You should apply by the deadline.
If you have any questions about this project, your research proposal or application, we will be happy to help.
Closing date for applications: 16.00 Thursday 28 June 2018
Applicants should submit a research statement of approximately 500 words as part of the online application.
This statement should explain how you understand the project and would take it forward.
Please submit this statement in the 'research proposal' field of the online application form. A separate research proposal is not required.
We will only consider complete applications – the application is complete once you have uploaded all of the following:
- copies of your bachelors and master certificates, including transcripts
- copy of your IELTS (or equivalent) certificate (if applicable)
- copy of your passport
- two reference requests – one must be an academic reference from your most recent period of study.
To submit your application please follow these steps:
- Click the 'apply online now' button, on the right.
- Select 'register and start a new application' to create your user account.
- Once you are logged in, select 'apply to a new course'.
- Select the type of course 'research degree'.
- Select mode of study 'full-time'.
- Select 'Doctoral College'.
- Select 'Nanopore DNA sequencing'.
- Select the course 'MPhil/PhD'.
- Click 'apply'.
You will now be able to complete the online application form.