Before you apply
Please make sure that you meet the entry requirements before making your application and have read all of our advice about writing your research proposal and making an application on the following tabs. You should apply by the deadline.
If you have any questions about this project or your application, we will be happy to help.
Closing date for applications: 17:00pm Tuesday 31 July 2018
As the studentship projects is already defined, you do not need to provide a research proposal. Instead, you are asked to provide a personal statement that outlines your interest in physics research and states why you are responding to this project in particular.
We will only consider complete applications – the application is complete once you have uploaded all of the following:
- copies of your bachelors and master certificates, including transcripts
- copy of your IELTS (or equivalent) certificate (if applicable)
- copy of your passport
- two references uploaded or requested – one must be an academic reference from your most recent period of study. Both must have been written within the last year.
To submit your application please follow these steps:
- Click the 'apply online now' button, on the right.
- Select 'register and start a new application' to create your user account.
- Once you are logged in, select 'apply to a new course'.
- Select the type of course 'research degree'.
- Select mode of study 'full-time'.
- Select 'Doctoral College'.
- Select 'Nuclear Structure Physics'.
- Select the course 'MPhil/PhD'.
- Click 'apply'.
You will now be able to complete the online application form.