I have three main research interests:
- the preparation of 3D scaffolds for regenerative medicine
- water purification from metal ions and organic pollutants
- organic synthesis of potentially biologically active compounds or compounds with given properties.
In scaffold preparation for tissue engineering I focus on cryogels preparation based on noncovalent interactions:
- polyelectrolyte complex formed between chitosan-gelatin
- self-assembly of Fmoc-diphenylalanine into nanofibers under cryoconditions
- scaffolds based on metal-polymer coordinated complexes
- enzymatically cross-linked casein and gelatin under cryoconditions
- stimuli-responsive cryogels.
My PhD project was devoted to organic synthesis of heterocyclic derivatives of piperidine and morpholine and the study of their biological activity and the development of efficient drug delivery.
Working as a senior researcher at Laboratory of Biosensors and Bioinstruments at Nazarbayev University (2015-2016, Astana, Kazakhstan), I focused on gold electrode modification with biorecognition elements (mAb MPT64, mAb CEA, mAb IL6, mAB ECPKA and aptamers to MPT64). The ultimate purpose of the project was the adaptation of various types of biosensors (SPR Biocore X100, SPR (SPIRIT), Impedance, Quartz crystal microbalance and Capacitive Biosensors for early diagnosis of breast cancer and M. tuberculosis.
As a postdoctoral student at Lund University (2010-2013), I developed synthetic nontoxic polymers for mild crosslinking of bacterial cells for efficient bacteria immobilisation into cryogels. Additionally, I worked on the method adaptation for a 3D-bioreactor preparation, which can be used for several biotechnological processes. My current Marie Curie project is related to water purification from stable organic toxic compounds (phenols, chlorophenols and cresols) using a 3D-bioreactor composed of structured live bacterial cells. In addition, I am working under project of a water treatment from heavy metal ions using amphoteric cryogels.
Other research interests:
- Synthesis and characterisation of: water soluble and hydrophobic polymers; boronate, interpolymer and polyelectrolyte complexes; stimuli sensitive (pH, thermo-, self-healing) hydrogels and porous polymeric materials (cryogels); electroconductive polymers.
- Thiol-ene “click” chemistry. PEGylation of surfaces and polymers.
- Preparation and characterisation of noble metal nanoparticles: Au, Ag, Pt, Pd, Ru; nanoparticles modification with difference functionalities and their catalytic activity.