Benefits for students
Choosing to go to university is a major decision and getting as much information as possible is key to making the right choice about what to study and succeeding in your application and course. To help you with this, we offer:
- taster lectures and workshops so you can see what it's like to study at university
- summer and Saturday schools
- opportunities to shadow our students and experience student life
- one-to-one support with writing personal statements
- preparation for university interviews
- advice on applying to university, entry requirements and finance
- advice on different types of universities and courses
- study and revision skills sessions
- trips to other universities.
If you apply to the University of Brighton, we also offer:
How to apply
We work with targeted schools pre 16, you can see if your school is a current partner by viewing our current list.
If you're 16 or over, please contact your college or 6th form coordinator who will give you the link to our online form, if you don’t know who the contact is in your college please email email@example.com or call 01273 641043.
Benefits for parents and carers
As well as the range of activities we offer students in years 9 to 13, we support you through:
- parent and option evenings, where we offer information, advice and guidance about university
- family university taster days, so you can explore university life on campus
- seminars about student finance and applications
- online information
- emails that give you information and notify you of upcoming events and visits
- financial help for Compact Plus students who go on to study at the University of Brighton.
How to apply
If you're the parent or carer of a student who is under 16, speak to your school or college's Compact Plus Coordinator. If you're not sure who this is, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01273 641043.
f your child is over 16 please contact your college or 6th form coordinator who will give you the link to our online form, if you don’t know who the contact is in your college please email email@example.com or call 01273 641043.
Benefits for schools and colleges
As part of Compact Plus, we offer you:
- up-to-date information on changes in higher education, entry requirements, UCAS and student finance
- ongoing support, advice and training (CPD) for staff who advise on progression to higher education
- activities that we can tailor to your school or college
- guidance on reference writing
- a partnership that is valued by the OFSTED inspection process.
We provide extra support to students who are on the Compact Plus programme, for example with their university applications, personal statements and interview skills. If they are a student at the University of Brighton, we also offer them study support and careers guidance.
For more information, read about what the Compact partnership can offer and see our list of upcoming HE fairs and exhibitions.