About this bursary
This bursary is for undergraduate students resident in England, under the age of 25, who have been cared for by a local authority for at least 13 weeks since the age of 14.
|Payment details for this bursary||Every year of study|
|University of Brighton bursary
|Care leaver's bursary
Students on part-time courses who meet the above criteria will receive a pro rata cash bursary. Eligibility criteria apply.
The care leaver's bursary will be paid in two instalments: the first at the beginning of term and the second on 2 May.
You are eligible for a care leaver's bursary if you:
- are under the age of 25 and have been cared for by a local authority for at least 13 weeks since the age of 14
- are studying on an undergraduate course
- are normally resident in England and have been assessed as eligible to receive full funding from Student Finance England
- have an annual household income of up to and including £25,000
- are starting your course in 2018.
Students in receipt of certain other bursaries or awards may not be eligible.
How to apply
When you complete your UCAS application form, make sure you that you indicate that you have been in local authority care.
Once you have been offered a place at the University of Brighton, we will send you an eligibility questionnaire to complete. The information you provide us is treated in confidence.
Our Widening Participation team is here to answer your questions.
Tel 01273 641043