You will be able to attend five of these sessions.
1. Mental maths – a workshop to support your mental arithmetic skills and provide you with some helpful tips on answering timed questions.
2. Interpreting and extracting data – this workshop will look at interpreting and using written data. Different forms of data will be explained, such as box and whisker charts; conversion tables; pie charts and scatter graphs. Key ideas such as mean, mode, median, range and quartile will also be clarified.
3. Problem solving – this workshop covers written arithmetic problems such as time, money, proportion, ratio, proportion, and using simple formulae.
4. Punctuation – this workshop will support you with the punctuation section of the tests. It will help you to understand punctuation rules and highlight common errors.
5. Spelling and grammar – the spelling section of the tests is audio and contains words you may be expected to use in your role as a teacher. This workshop will look at common spelling patterns and help with your understanding of the grammar section of the test.
6. Reading comprehension – this workshop will help with your ability to read text, process it, and understand its meaning.