Subjects and courses
At this open evening you can find out more about the following postgraduate courses, taught on our Eastbourne campus:
Health and clinical practice
Sport and exercise
There will be academics available to talk to you about Dance PGCE and PE PGCE and you'll also see the facilities and campus where you'll study, however, the subject talks for these courses will take place at our Falmer open evening on Wednesday 5 February.
- Our Doctoral College will also be at this event – talk to us about studying for your PhD or MPhil.
Open evening overview
Course leaders and tutors will be available to talk to you about your masters course, take you through our specialist facilities and student support services, and answer any questions or concerns you may have about undertaking postgraduate study.
You’ll be able to meet current students who can tell you first-hand what doing a postgraduate degree is like, and our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be available to advise you on all matters related to the admissions process.
Optional tours of the campus will take place throughout the open evening and will take around 45 minutes.
Free tea and coffee will be provided throughout the evening.
Our open evenings are informal so you can drop-in at any time during the evening to chat to us. However, you may wish to join some of the talks below.
- Drop in from 5pm: on arrival please register in the Greynore restaurant, Darley Road. This event will end at 8pm so make sure you leave enough time to ask us all your questions.
- Campus tours: tours of the campus will take place throughout the open evening, and will take around 45 minutes.
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor's talk: a welcome to the University of Brighton from our Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Professor Andrew Lloyd. Andrew will introduce you to Brighton and talk about what makes us so special.
- Funding talk: the Pro-VC's talk will be followed by a funding talk where you'll find out more about the different ways you can fund your degree, including scholarships and the government postgraduate loan.
- Facilities tours: tours of the sport and exercise labs, digital hub, innovation and enterprise lab, journalism labs and PhD suite.
University of Brighton Eastbourne campus, Greynore, Darley Road, Eastbourne, BN20 7UR
Car: there is limited car parking on campus. Staff and students are encouraged to use bikes and public transport.
Use the postcode BN20 7UR for parking.
Bus: the 3 or the 3A will take you from the town centre to the campus. For timetables and routes visit the Stagecoach website.
Train: the closest station is Eastbourne. It is about a 25-minute walk to campus. For timetables check National Rail Enquiries.
You can view the map of the Eastbourne campus with travel advice in the maps and direction section.