- be a registered nurse, midwife or allied health professional
- have at least three years' post-registration experience
- have the support of their employer to undertake this module
- have a designated medical practitioner to support them in the practical element of the module
- demonstrate the ability to study at level 6 and have studied at level 6 within the last five years
- be able to evidence appropriate numeracy skills.
Applicants should have a preceding years' experience working in the area in which they wish to prescribe.