These pages hold legacy content of completed research. Our new online home with details of our most recent achievements is the Sport and Exercise and Sport Medicine Research and Enterprise Group on the university research portal.
For a list of all university research groups and centres, visit the University of Brighton's page on organisational research units.
Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine research is led by Dr Neil Maxwell with the remit of creating a vibrant and successful research centre that conducts innovative, applied research to tackle modern day challenges in sport, health and occupational settings.
Future research activity will build upon our existing reputation for internationally-recognised research, supported by a dynamic and experienced team of researchers and modern, well-resourced laboratories. Our research activity sits within two overarching research areas:
- Exercise for health and wellbeing
- Optimising human performance.
Underpinning our mission and priorities are four core principles:
- high-quality research
- excellent training and learning opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate students and early-career researchers
- working with stakeholders beyond our research centre and university
- translation of research theory and evidence into practical settings.