The wifi service for students, staff and visitors from other educational institutions at the University of Brighton is eduroam. It provides secure high speed connectivity from all university buildings.
Connecting to wifi
- Select eduroam from the list of available networks on your device and then enter your eduroam username (in the form email@example.com - e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and enter your normal university password.
- You should be asked to trust or accept our security certificate, which should be named “authenticate.brighton.ac.uk” anything else is not valid. If this is correct, then click continue/connect/trust/accept.
- TIP: You can use the eduroam CAT app to get your device ready for eduroam before you arrive on campus.
- Detailed troubleshooting information is available (logged in users only).
- eduroam is supported by the university's IT Service Desk (01273 644444 or email@example.com).
- Visitors from other institutions should seek guidance from their home institutions if they are unable to log in.
If you use eduroam you are agreeing to the conditions of use of eduroam UK and the university Information Systems regulations.
This is provided for guests and visitors from organisations that are not connected to eduroam. It offers secure connectivity provided by Sky wifi and support is provided by Sky directly rather than the university.
Using wifi guest
- Select wifi guest from the available networks on your device
- Open your internet browser. The Sky landing page will appear
- If this is your first time using Sky wifi follow the one time registration process
- Once connected you will automatically connect to wifi guest.
- If you have any queries, or experience any issues, visit www.sky.com/wifi or call 0844 824 5000 (calls cost 7p per minute plus your provider's access charge).