There are four campus libraries where staff and students can borrow and return books, study, connect to the wifi network, use a computer, photocopy and print. There are additional computers on each campus in computer rooms.
Staff are happy to help you access a wide range of information and resources. One to one or group bookings can be made for in depth help with using resources to support your studies.
Further information is available in the Introduction to Library Services video and for University of Brighton staff and students by logging on to the Library Services pages
Information for Alumni wanting to access our facilities is available.
Library opening hours
From 6 September
Falmer Library will be open 8.30am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 12pm – 4pm Saturday and Sunday.
Falmer computer room will be open 8am – midnight every day.
Aldrich, Queenwood and St Peters House Libraries are open 9.30am-6pm Monday – Friday.
From 27 September
All libraries will be open 8.30am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 12pm – 4pm Saturday and Sunday.
Falmer and Queenwood computer rooms will be open 8am – midnight every day.
You will need your Unicard to access the libraries and computer rooms evenings and weekends.
When on campus and in libraries and computer rooms
Please follow the safety measures in place to keep staff and fellow students safe:
- ‘Check in’ using the NHS Track and Trace QR code.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when moving around university buildings – in particular where it may be busy.
- Continue to wash or sanitise your hands frequently.
- And please be sensitive to the needs of others who may wish to keep their distance and to keep wearing their face coverings whilst on campus.
Online resources are available via your library subject guide and if you need advice or support in accessing these or other resources please do contact your Information Adviser. You’ll find their contact details on your subject guide or email email@example.com.
Accessing our wifi
Select eduroam from the list of networks on your device. Enter your university user name, @ and the university domain:
- your user name is the one you were given when you enrolled online, which usually consists of your initials and a number to make it unique, for example abc1
- the domain is brighton.ac.uk
- for example firstname.lastname@example.org
Click continue/connect/trust/accept if asked.
Find out more about connecting to the university wifi (to access this info, log-in using your university email)
For IT support on any campus, contact the Service Desk on 01273 644444, or email them at email@example.com.